Friday, March 23, 2012

I Smile


So I have been in a terrible mood lately. I just cant seem to cheer myself up and I have just been really down in the dumps. I decided to listen to some music and one of the positive songs I listened to to make me feel better was “I Smile” by Kirk Franklin. Another gospels song but an extremely modern one this time. 
This song is primarily about how when the day is sad and gloomy and you think that there is nothing that can make it better a smile can take you a long way. Sometimes when you just put a smile on and try to make something into a positive it can surprisingly turn your day around. A smile can not only make you feel better but it can also make you seem more welcoming and allow others to make your day better. There is also the idea that nomatter how upset you are to just keep a smile on your face and not show how upset you are. 
This takes great strength because its so much easier to think and feel negatively than it is to do so positively. Its about knowing that something positive is coming at the end of this and that as long as you have a positive outlook on things its bound to go away. By the end of the song, the gloomy day with no happiness or sunshine turned into a bright day with tons of sunshine because of the speaker smiling and not letting the issues they were dealing with control their day.
This song is very influential to me because there are many cases where I am upset and all I have to do is smile and remember that it will be okay soon and I eventually forget about everything that bothered me. 

1 comment:

  1. I love love Kirk Franklin. He's soo famous in Ghana, its crazy. He's not a singer, but he commands a choir with great power and talent. The lyrics to his music are also mind blowing. Its weird because I listened to 'Hello Fear,' a week ago and it made me happy. My favorite song of his is 'Imagine me.'

    ReplyDelete