Thursday, February 23, 2012

Make You Feel My Love


Adele is one of my all time favorite singers. She is a British singer and songwriter who expanded her career by bringing to the States and it became a great success. She became the first artist to sell more than 3 million copies of an album in a year in the UK. She is a very talented artist who has literally made history and become so successful at such a young age. I love every single one of her songs and I literally cant go a day without listening to her music. In class this week before class started we had a short conversation about how amazing Adele is so I decided to talk write about one of my favorite songs of hers for this week. “Make You Feel My Love” is one of my favorite songs. It is a very slow and tranquil song with only light piano music playing in the background. The song is a romantic love song that could soften anyones heart. It seems like she must have gone through a rough breakup or is falling in love with someone at the time because the main concept of the song is about how she wants this person to “feel her love.” The lyrics are about the things she would do for this person and how far she would go just for him feel how strong she feels about him. The lyrics are very exaggerated to show exactly how strong the love is. She uses examples like going hungry, going black and blue and to the ends of the earth for this person. The song is so touching because lyrics like those connect to the listeners emotional side and get them to fall just as in love with the song as she is with this person. 

This is the song if you guys would like to hear it. I recommend you listen to it. LOL it really is a great song and Id love to hear your feedback.

2 comments:

  1. This is so random, because I turned on Adele right before I went to your blog! I love Adele too. Her music is so powerful, but so relatable. She gets her point across without coming off as whiny or annoying. When I listen to her songs, I feel what she's singing about feeling. Doing that takes skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adele is so awesome. I remember listening to her first single 'chasing pavements,' for the first time and envying her voice. I like her music so much because her live performances are so amazing. Her voice is piercing and natural, plus she writes her own songs. Infact her voice is sooo beautiful that she doesnt need an over the top performance..her voice is her instrument. Oh, and I also love the fact that she's so down to earth and isnt typical of other artists.

    ReplyDelete