Friday, February 17, 2012

I Wanna Dance with Somebody


Earlier this week, Whitney Houston, one of the most influential women in the music industry passed away at the early age of 48 years old. She was the worlds best selling music artists, selling a record number of 170 million albums, singles and videos worldwide. She was also in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the most awarded female act of all time. Her music has influenced many groups of people of many ages, from 90 year olds to college students like you and me today. 
One of the songs that I want to focus on for this week, that I am sure you all should be familiar with is “I Wanna Dance with Somebody.” It is a a fun 80’s pop record that could make anyone probably want to get up and dance. This song won a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and it was also was considered an 80’s gem. It is Whitney Houston’s second biggest hit after “I Will Always Love You.” 
I personally like this song because whenever I listen to it, it always seems to put me in a  fun and excited mood. Not only did Whitney Houston have an amazing voice but it was also very carefree which was great for the song. The song is about a girl who is looking for a fun and exciting parter to taker her breath away and show her a good time. Its just a simple song about a young women looking for a little excitement in her life.


If you have not heard the song I recommend that you do, and I hope you like it. If you don’t, thats also understandable and I would love to hear opinions as to why you don’t or a song of hers that you prefer. 

2 comments:

  1. Not that I don't like the song "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," but it doesn't show off enough of what made Whitney Houston a star: her phenomenal voice. Yes, it's an upbeat and catchy song, but it's driven by its music and instrumental, not by bombastic vocals. Impressive vocals are something to which I'm more attracted, and she has a few other hits that most certainly fulfill that expectation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney possesses one of the best singing voices in the entire world. Anybody wanted to be somebody wanted to sing like her; she was not only every female singer's role model, she was also model for girls all over the world. My sisters and I used to sing 'I Will Always Love You,' in front of the mirror. I also loved her because, unlike many singers of our day...she's a talented actress. She will be missed, but her music will live on forever

    ReplyDelete